Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Entry#7 Bridge to Terebithia-background research

I tried to find some research on the book Bridge to Terebithia. One thing that I did was find out information on the author of this book Katherine Paterson. In an interview about the book she was asked when she first wanted to be an author. She replied that she hadn't always wanted to be an author. She didn't know when she first wanted to be an author but, she certainly is happy to be an author now. I think that this is a little bit strange because in the book she wrote Jesse wanted to be an author since he was in first grade. I wonder if Jesse was based on someone else in her life or if she just kind of made Jesse up in her mind.

I also rewatched the movie Bridge to Terebithia (I saw it a few years ago.) I noticed that in the the movie, Leslie had longer hair then in the book. I think that the people who made this movie did this so that people would feel sorry for Leslie and feel very sad at the end of the movie. I think that it was kind of unfair for the makers of the movie to base the movie on the book and then make it different from the book. I wonder if this has upset Katherine Peterson like it annoyed me. Maybe I'll try to find out more about this another time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment