Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Entry#6 Bridge to Terebithia

A note that I annotated in this book is:Why is Jesse's dad so upset that Jesse wants to be an artist? Why would he say the school is turning my only son into a... to his1st grade son? If I were Jesse I'd be afraid to be an artist now.

It kind of dissapoints me that a grown up says that to his son who's only in1st grade. Jesse's dad wants Jesse to be tough like himself but that's not who Jesse is. Jesse is in 5th grade now in the book and he still thinks about the conversation he had with his dad 4 yaers ago. I think that by now, Jesse should talk to his dad and kind of make a stand.

Jesse isn't even close to his dad now and a major reason for this is because Jesse wants to be an artist. Even if Jesse still wants to be an artist he should at least try to get closer to his dad I mean it would at least be a chance for Jesse to earn his father's approval. A theme that I noticed in the book is that there always seems to be some type of peer pressure and a need for approval. 

No comments:

Post a Comment