Sunday, January 9, 2011

Responce to Artwork

Since we had to respond to a piece of art I responded to the mona lisa by Leonardo Di Vinci. I know that this piece of art is really famous so I wonder what my opinion will be in comparrison to the opinion of important art critics. I got the picture from http://www.metmuseum.org/worksofart/collectiondatabase. I notice that mona lisa kind of has this annoyed look on her face. She also looks like she's stressed out and tired. I think that she's had some bad things happen to her, I wonder what her life was like before the painting.

The background of the painting looks kind of dark and gloomy. I think it means that outside of the painting, bad things were going on at that time. The picture makes it look like Mona Lisa is almost like the queen of whatever place the background is. Even though things look really gloomy in the picture, it looks like Mona Lisa kind of has a little bit of a smile. Maybe things are going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment